What's so good about the chocolate + orange hero bar?
- It’s packed to the brim with raw, organic whole food ingredients.
- Just ONE BAR provides ~30% of your daily dietary fibre and 100% of your selenium! Nutrient content is tested and updated each batch.
- It’s clean, vegan and free of protein powders or fillers.
- You’ll find no gluten, GMO’s or contaminants, as testing for these things is part of our promise to you.
Chocolate and orange are a nostalgic flavour combination, don’t you think? The birth of our hero story is just as awesome. The recipe for this range was conceived in 2020 (remember that year?) to help feed the people who kept turning up and protecting us; our emergency services and healthcare workers. Our real life heroes. We also gave hero to the homeless on the streets of Melbourne, because in our view, everyone deserves to eat nutritious food.
The hero range packs a huge punch when it comes to nutrients. Its fruit, nut and seed blend offers loads of iron, phosphorus, selenium and magnesium, as well as dietary fibre, protein and all the good fats.
Interested in the fine print?
So are we. Read on for all the good stuff.
Certified organic ingredients*: dates*, almond butter*, cashews*, chia seeds*, flax seeds*, brazil nuts*, hemp seeds*, pumpkin seeds (pepitas)*, cacao powder* (3.96%), cacao butter*, desiccated coconut*, Citrus aurantium dulcis (Orange) peel oil (0.38%).
Dietary preferences: Vegan, gluten-free (lab tested and confirmed), paleo, no added sugar (our dates are sweet enough!)
Allergen information: Contains almond, cashew and brazil nuts. Made in a facility that handles almonds, Brazil nut, cashew, hazelnut, macadamia, pecan, pine nut, pistachio and walnut, sesame and soy. Free from wheat, gluten, dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish, peanuts and cane sugar.
Storage conditions: Store in an airtight container away from light and heat sources. In warmer climates, bars can be stored in a fridge.
What sets our bars apart from the crowd?
- We source our ingredients from organic farms around the world.
- We don’t use protein powders or fillers. Instead, we use and honour whole foods giving you nutrients as nature intended.
- We batch test all of our products for pathogenic bacteria, toxins, and contaminants giving you peace of mind that our products are safe for you and your family.
- Our products are vegan friendly, have no added sugar and are gluten free (lab tested and confirmed).
- We manufacture, package and test our food in Australia in a facility that does not handle wheat, gluten, eggs, fish/shellfish, lupin, peanut, dairy and cane sugar.
- Our packaging is plastic free, home compostable and our entire company is carbon neutral.
- Our nutrition information panel is something pretty special too. We regularly test our food for nutrient content, meaning that our nutrition information panel reflects the actual food we make, not an estimate, or a value generated when a product was first developed, however long ago. You’ll be able to track how the nutrient content of our food changes over time by scanning the QR code on your packet.
Where do we ship? For now, Australia only. If you are overseas and want to try our products, we share all of our recipes in our e-books, available here.